To send data from Google Spreadsheets you first have to install the Instadeq addon for Google Spreadsheets:
- Open a Google Spreadsheet with your account
- Select the Add-ons > Get add-ons... on the main menu
- Search for instadeq on the Search add-ons search box at the top right of the Add-ons dialog
- Select the Free button on the Instadeq Spreadsheets result
- Review and accept the permissions if required
A video showing the install steps:
You only need to do this step once per spreadsheet.
- Configure where the data will be sent by selecting Add-ons > Instadeq Spreadsheets > Settings on the main menu
- Enter your Instadeq Username and Password, and the Group and Channel you want to send your spreadsheet data to, you should leave Group as your username starting with an @ if you don't know what to put there, click OK when ready.
You can change Channel to any name you prefer as long as you enter the same value when configuring the Instadeq Event source.
To follow this example as described enter the following data on the first sheet:
Note: A and B are the column names and 1 and 2 are the row numbers, you don't need to enter those.
When the data is ready to be sent, select Add-ons > Instadeq Spreadsheets > Send.
After a moment the data should be available on Instadeq on any visualization that has a source configured to Instadeq Events and the same Topic and Group as the one configured in the previous section.
If your data looks similar to this:
- Double-click the cell at 1/1 (the one with the number)
- Select the formula editor button (the one with the calculator icon)
- Select the Σ section in the formula editor
- Enter to number in the search box
- Select the entry labeled Text to Number
- Select the OK button
Go to the Summary section on the right panel to continue.
Configure the Aggregation
- Drag the cell at 1/1 (the one with the number) from the Data section to the Field holder in the Summary section
- Drag the cell at 1/0 (the one with the name) from the Data section to Key holder in the Summary section
- Select refresh button in the Data section to process the data again
You should see a table below showing the current aggregation.
Go to the Chart section to explore the available charts by selecting them and changing the settings.